Are you looking to take on a fundraising challenge that will benefit the homeless? One of the main reasons people take up charity challenges is to support a cause that is close to their heart or that may have impacted you personally. There are hundreds of events held each year to inspire people to go out and make a difference
What Is A Charity Challenge?
Any race, event or adventure you take part in while fundraising for a worthy cause can be turned into a charity challenge, from a 5k charity fun run to a full blown charity trek up Mt Kilimanjaro, so you can take one on no matter what your skill level is. It’ll be an experience you never forget and raising funds at the same time.
What Is Expected Of You?
Your main task will be raising some much-needed funds for CHESS. We don’t set a minimum amount that we ask people to raise as we understand this can restrict people from taking part. As you will be the one organising your fundraiser and registering your place, there will be certain costs you have to pay for this dependant upon the event you are taking part in so it’s worth bearing this in mind.
What Can You Expect From Your Charity?
The CHESS Fundraising Team will be there to support you with as much help and advice as you need. We can provide information about the work of the charity which will inspire you and your donors and as much moral support as you would like! We also have branded t-shirts for you to wear on your challenge day if you choose. We will also help you to promote your event through our social media pages.
Taking Steps to Fundraise
- Decide on your Challenge Event and register your interest/sign up for the event.
- Set up an online fundraising page through sites such as Justgiving (https://www.justgiving.com/chess-homeless) or Virgin Money Giving. There are other platforms which you may prefer to use.
- Let us know about your event and connect with us on social media (like our pages on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn). This way you can stay up to date on our work and help to inspire your supporters with regular news.
- Let your friends, family and work colleagues know what you are doing. Some employers run a Matched Giving/Payroll scheme which will double your fundraising amount. Share your online fundraising page on your social media pages.
- If your event is a sporting challenge ensure that you train regularly and fit to take part.
- We would love to attend and watch you take part. If you don’t mind we would also like to take photos at the event so we can share what you have been doing with our supporters and hopefully inspire others to do the same.
Other ways to collect donations
We understand that not everyone wants to or can sponsor you through an online platform so there are other ways you can collect donations:
Use a Sponsorship Form: Download CHESS-Sponsorship-Form 2021
Via cash or cheque. Please don’t send cash through the post. Bank any cash or cheques made payable to you and then write a cheque payable to ‘CHESS Homeless’ for the amount collected. You can then send your cheques to: Fundraising Team, CHESS Homeless, 200 New London Rd, Chelmsford, CM2 9AB. Please include any sponsorship forms you have used so we are able to claim Gift Aid. It’s no extra cost to you, but means your gift could be worth almost 25 percent more to us. Please also enclose a note with your name, address, postcode and details of the event so we can acknowledge the payment.
Direct to our Bank. If you don’t want to send us a cheque you can also pay funds directly into our bank account but please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com or give us a call on 01245 281104 so we can allocate the funds to the appropriate event.
Our bank details are: Cooperative Bank plc
Account name: CHESS Homeless
Sort Code: 08-92-50
Account No: 65107375
We do of course want you to go ahead with the event in a way that suits you, so if there are ideas that you have yourself do please let us know. Or if you need anything at all from us please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.